Issuing the Call

Issuing the Call
Issuing the Call

Slide Show

Art Prints

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Plein Air Painting Project


    I’ve come to the conclusion that my landscape paintings need improving.  I want them to move towards being more photo realistic.  I’m not looking for full photo realism or hyper-photo realism, just cleaner and better.  I’ve struggle with tonal difficulties and color temperatures too.  So to tackle all of these at once I’ve decided to finally start doing En Plein Air (in the open) paintings. 

    What are Plein Air paintings, you may ask.  Here is a great article from Plein Air Painters of America explaining it.
    
    To do this I’m going to do one Plein Air painting a week.  Either I will choose a location or I’ve created maps of Utah Valley that I can roll on to find a location randomly. 


    At the beginning of the week I will show the location I’m going to go to on a screen shot of the map.  I will blog about my hopes and goals for that particular painting.  Afterwards I will blog about how things went and my thoughts and feelings about the whole experience that day and any interesting that I may have experienced, i.e. people, animals and such.

No comments: