Issuing the Call

Issuing the Call
Issuing the Call

Slide Show

Art Prints

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Stage Fright and Plein Air

Sometimes just going out and doing Plein Air paintings can be so nervous for me.  Because here I am painting out in public, in front of the whole world, well at least a small part of it.  Every time just before I start I get a kind of stage fright.  Butterflies and tingly fingers.  The adrenalin really starts to get flowing through me.  This is both good and bad.  The adrenalin gets me to push through my fears and go a head and paint, but it also makes me shake.  So once I'm set up and painting I have to take a couple of seconds and take a few deep breaths to settle myself.  Then I stare at the scene in front of me, make a few decisive decisions and then paint, letting it all just flow.
12 x 16 "Horses and Bairs" Oil on Board

No comments: